The churchwardens of every parish shall be chosen from persons who have been baptised and—
- whose names are on the church electoral roll of the parish
- who are actual communicants*
- who are twenty–one years of age or upward.
It is expected that 2 churchwardens are elected for each parish.
* 'actual communicants' are:
- those who have received communion according to the use of the Church of England or a Church in communion with it at least three times during the 12 months before their election
- on the church electoral roll of the parish and are either confirmed or ready and desirous of being confirmed or receiving Holy Communion in accordance with Canon 8 15A.1(b) (which relates to communicant members in good standing of other Churches which subscribe to the doctrine of the Holy Trinity).